Your health is probably one of the most important aspects of your life. No matter how successful one becomes, nothing comes close to getting that all clear thumbs up from your doctor on your regular visit. Doctors recommend we exercise at least three times per week for at least 45 minutes per session. Most of us would love to do that but struggle to find that kind of time.
Some people spend thousands of dollars converting a room of their home into a gym that winds up barely being used. That dusty gym equipment makes you feel guilty every time you walk past it.
Healthy Carbs Keep your Body’s Systems Running Smoothly
We often hear how important it is to eat right and that carbs are bad for us. Carbohydrates are not ALL created equal. When it comes to staying lean, you actually do need a certain amount of carbs in your diet on a regular basis. Don’t forget that anything taken to extremes can be bad for us but beneficial in moderation. We can enjoy carbs in moderation and should make it a part of a well-balanced diet.
Here are 10 high-carb foods that are super healthy:
1. Bananas are high in vitamin B6, vitamin C and potassium. They also contain several plant compounds that are beneficial.
2. Sweet Potatoes are a rich source of vitamin C, potassium and provitamin A (from beta-carotene). They are very rich in antioxidants as well.
3. Oranges are rich in vitamin C, potassium and some B vitamins. In addition, they contain citric acid, several very potent plant compounds and antioxidants.
4.Beetroots are packed with vitamins, minerals, potent antioxidants and plant compounds. Beets are also high in inorganic nitrates, which transform into nitric oxide in your body.
5. Blueberries are considered a superfood due to their high amounts of plant compounds and antioxidants. They also contain high amounts of many minerals and vitamins, including vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese.
6. Quinoa is rich in many minerals and plant compounds. It does not contain any gluten, making it a perfect alternative to those who wish to go gluten-free.
7. Black Beans are a great source of protein that includes fiber.They're also rich in folate and copper.
8. Oatmeal are a relatively good source of protein, containing more than most grains. They are a great source of many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
9. Grapefruit contains about 9% carbs and has good amounts of several vitamins, minerals and plant compounds.
10. Buckwheat. Despite its name, buckwheat is not related to wheat and does NOT contain gluten.Buckwheat is extremely nutritious, containing both protein and fiber. It has more minerals and antioxidants than most grains.
Here are some ways to keep your immune system strong:
- Sleep and immunity are closely attached. Those who consistently get poor sleep will wind up getting sick more often. Poor quality sleep is the culprit behind stress and emotional problems as well. We don’t function well at home or at the office when we don’t feel rested.
- Enjoy whole plant foods. There’s a movement now to eat more greens. Actually, any type of fresh fruit or vegetable is good for you. This includes squash, tomatoes, onions, broccoli, beans and asparagus. Most nuts, seeds, and legumes are nutritional and provide antioxidants that can help protect your body against harmful pathogens.
- Avoid over processed foods & junk food. It would seem like common sense but the more a food has been tampered with, the less nutritious it is. Take an apple. It’s very good for you and provides vitamins C, K, B5 and copper; it’s a good source of fiber. However, we cannot say the same for fried apple pies.
- Healthy fats. Healthy fats like olive oil and omega-3s are highly anti-inflammatory. Since chronic inflammation can suppress your immune system, these fats may naturally combat illnesses.
- Eat fermented foods. Fermented foods include kimchi, yogurt, sauerkraut, natto and kefir. These foods keep the bacteria in your gut healthy and they stop harmful organisms from entering.
- Limit sugar intake. Though this is now well known, it bears repeating. Sugar and foods with added sugars, cause obesity. Eating too much sugar can lead to diabetes and heart disease. Your immune system is weakened and you’re more susceptible to the flu and head colds.
While we strive to get ourselves to the gym or swimming pool more often, adding a natural supplement to our regimen will help us keep fighting fit.
Immune Wellness is an all-natural supplement that increases your natural resistance to germs, bacteria, pathogens, viruses and more. It promotes a balanced, powerful immune response and even helps to combat seasonal allergies.
Immune Wellness contains Ultra-Pure Beta Glucan, a breakthrough form of beta-glucan that can increase the strength of your protective natural killer (“NK”) cells up to 550%. It supports healthy longevity and youthful vitality.