Everyone enjoys a summertime dip in the water, but did you know that your body is made up of 70% water? Every cell, tissue and organ in your body needs water to function correctly. For example, your body uses water to maintain its temperature, remove waste and lubricate joints.
Wondering how to adopt a more hydrated lifestyle? Read these simple tips…
Tips For Staying Hydrated:
Water is best, but other drinks and foods can help you stay hydrated. Try herbal tea or water-rich fruits and veggies such as watermelon, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Drink water before, during and after exercise.
- Keep a reusable water bottle with you at all times – car, bedside table or office desk.
- Start and end your day with a glass of water.
- Feeling hungry? Drink water. Sometimes the sensation of thirst is confused with hunger. And research suggests drinking water may assist in a healthy loss plan.
- Drink water when you go to a restaurant. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it’s also free!