There are still a couple of weeks of summer left to enjoy this simple and classic salad. Watermelon is an easy choice to quench your thirst during the hot summer months, but it has many other surprising benefits.
Studies have shown it may lower inflammation and oxidative stress, as well as improve digestion, relieve muscle soreness, and prevent macular degeneration with its rich anti-inflammatory antioxidant content, including lycopene and vitamin C.
Refreshing Cucumber Watermelon Salad
Prep: 15 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced into thin half-moons
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 3 baby cucumbers, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, sliced thinly
Mix red onion with lime juice in a bowl; set side to marinate at least 10 minutes. Stir olive oil into mixture.
Toss watermelon, baby cucumbers, and feta cheese together in a large bowl. Pour the red onion mixture over the watermelon mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle mint over the salad; toss.